The initial earthwork is completed, thanks to Vernon and his backhoe. I took some photos. The 4th picture shows a large piece of granite that I will have to embed in the earthbag wall. We are fortunate that the buildsite has excellent drainage. I do not foresee any major issues.
We have started preparing the trench for earthbags and the drain tile.
The scoria has been delivered to the build site so we will begin active construction next week.
I noticed that the excavated material would make excellent fill for earthbags. The material turns hard as rock and I am not able to break it with my pickaxe. This is good to know for some of the planned outbuildings.
More photo's to come as progress is made......